Maydown Airfield was an RAF airfield around 95 kilometers northwest of Belfast.
The airfield was built in 1941 and opened as a satellite station to nearby RAF Eglinton in 1942. It served as a USAAF airfield between August and Dec 1942. It was transferred to the Royal Navy on 1 May 1943 to become RNAS Maydown. With the Royal Navy it served by providing aircraft and personnel to the Merchant Aircraft Carriers which became operational in 1943 to provide air cover for the Atlantic Convoys.
Information from forgottenairfields.com
Plan of Maydown Airfield from the Royal Navy Research Archive