Killadeas was an Operational Training Unit (131)on the shores of Lough Erne. The Lough Erne Yacht Club now owns the former site of this base which was constructed by the US government. It was commissioned in 1942 by the US Navy. RAF Coastal Command took control in 1942 and pilots were trained to fly Catalina’s and Sunderlands. Throughout the war Killadeas grew and had accommodation space for 2800 personnel and a new Catalina slipway on Gublusk Bay. Even though an RAF base for most of the war, Killadeas hosted US battalions from May until December 1942. The beautiful Manor House Hotel was once the Officers Mess.